SPANISH HAM CUTTING
This is a very original and high quality event for groups : a workshop around Spanish hams (ham cutting course, ham tasting session, wine and ham tasting sessions, etc).
The workshops generally include :
- Explanation of the different types of ham, both from Spain and from other countries.
- Explanation of the Spanish D.O. (Denominación de Origen) : Guijuelo, Jamon de Huelva, Dehesa de Extremadura, Valle de los Pedroches, Jamon de Teruel y Trevelez, etc.
- Explanation on the preparation process from the farm to the plate (cleaning, salting, curing, etc)
- Explanation of the best tools to use to make a professional cutting, how to prepare ans use these.
- Ham cutting demo, questions and answers, etc
- Tasting of the ham with wine, bread, etc
On top of this standard workshop, we can include additional options :
- A complete ham tasting session of several of the very best Spanish hams : bellota, recebo, cebo de campo, cebo, Teruel, Pedroches, húngaro, Segovia, etc. This can be done as a simple tasting session for incentive events, but can also be organized as a challinging team building.
- Combination of the ham tasting with a wine tasting. The group will tast the hams accompanied with different types of wines, but not only red, also Cava and other special wines that suit Spanish hams very well.
Our events will include event manage and a photographer for the event (+DVD),
The Spanish ham cutting workshop is perfect for both incentive trips and team builsing events for participants interested in learning and discovering local art, culture and gastronomy.
- Welcome briefing
- Ham cutting workshop
- Spanish ham tasting
- Wine testing